Biography of Bill Gates Full Name, Age, Place of Birth, Education & Occupation
|Full Name||Bill Gates|
|Born & Age||October 28, 1955|
|Place of Birth||Seattle, Washington|
|Education||Graduated From Lakeside School and Attended Harvard University|
Biography of Bill Gates
Bill Gates was born in Seattle, Wash., on October 28, 1955. His parents were both successful professionals. His father was a well-known lawyer, and his mother was on the board of directors for several companies. Gates was interested in computers and technology from a young age. He often took things apart as a child to see how they worked.
Gates graduated from Lakeside School in 1973 and went to Harvard to study pre-law and computer science. But after two years, he left Harvard to start Microsoft with Paul Allen, a childhood friend. At first, the company’s primary goal was to make software for the Altair 8800, one of the first personal computers. In 1980, Microsoft released the first version of MS-DOS, which quickly became the world’s most popular computer operating system.
In 1985, Microsoft came out with Windows, a graphical operating system that made it easier for people to use their computers. Windows quickly became the most popular operating system in the world, and Microsoft’s success made Gates one of the wealthiest people in the world.
Gates quit his job as CEO of Microsoft in 2000 to focus on charitable work. He and his wife, Melinda, started the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The foundation works to improve global health and reduce poverty by giving people in developing countries better access to health care and education. The foundation has also put money into research to find new ways to fight diseases like malaria and HIV and make farming in Africa more productive.
In 2008, Gates switched from working full-time at Microsoft to working part-time. Since then, he has focused on his investments and charitable work. He still works for the company as a technical advisor and is involved in several other business projects. Bill Gates is respected for his business skills and work to help others. He has won a lot of awards and honors throughout his career.
Key Facts of Bill Gates
- Bill Gates is one of the people who started Microsoft Corporation, the largest PC software company in the world.
- With an estimated net worth of over $130 billion, he is one of the wealthiest people in the world.
- Gates and Paul Allen started Microsoft in 1975. Together, they made and sold MS-DOS, the first personal computer operating system that was successful in business.
- In 2000, he quit as CEO of Microsoft to focus on charity work. He and his wife, Melinda, then started the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- The foundation works to improve global health and reduce poverty by giving people in developing countries better access to health care and education.
- Gates is also a member of the Giving Pledge, a promise by some of the wealthiest people and families in the world to give away most of their money to charity.
- Gates stepped down from the board of Microsoft in 2019, so he could focus on his charitable work.
- During his career, Gates has won many awards and honors, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2016.
- Gates has been a strong supporter of technology, education, and global health and has written several books on these subjects.
- Many people think that Bill Gates is one of the most influential people in the world, and he continues to be a significant force in both technology and charity.