Biography of Elon Musk Full Name, Age, Place of Birth, Education & Occupation
|Full Name||Elon Musk|
|Born & Age||June 28, 1971|
|Place of Birth||Pretoria, Transvaal, South Africa|
|Education||University of Pennsylvania (BA, BS)|
|Occupation||Founder, CEO and chief engineer of SpaceX|
CEO and product architect of Tesla, Inc.
CEO of Twitter, Inc.
Biography of Elon Musk
Elon Musk is a business magnate and a tech entrepreneur. He started SpaceX and is its CEO, chief engineer/designer, and founder. He was also an early investor, CEO, and product architect at Tesla, Inc. and started The Boring Company. He also helped create OpenAI and was its first co-chairman.
He was born in 1971 in Pretoria, South Africa. He spent a short time at the University of Pretoria before moving to Canada when he was 17 to attend Queen’s University. Two years later, he changed schools and went to the University of Pennsylvania, where he got bachelor’s degrees in economics and physics. He went to Stanford University in 1995 to get a Ph.D. in energy physics, but he changed his mind and went into business instead. He and his brother started the web software company Zip2, which was sold for almost $300 million.
Musk started SpaceX in 2002. It is a company that makes spacecraft and provides transportation services in space. Musk is the CEO, lead designer, and engineer of SpaceX. In 2004, he helped start Tesla, Inc. (initially called Tesla Motors), which makes electric cars and clean energy. As CEO and product architect, he led the company.
In addition to his work with SpaceX and Tesla, Musk has proposed the Hyperloop, a high-speed vactrain transportation system, and digging a tunnel system to relieve traffic congestion. Musk has said that the goals of all of his companies are based on his plan to help stop global warming and keep people from going extinct by putting people on Mars.
Musk is also known for his big goals and bold statements. His leadership style has been both praised and criticized. Even so, he has reached several important milestones with his companies, such as sending the first privately-funded spacecraft to the International Space Station and making the first successful electric sports car.
Key Facts of Elon Musk
- Elon Musk is a business magnate and a tech entrepreneur.
- He is the founder, CEO, and chief engineer/designer of SpaceX, a company that makes spacecraft and provides services for getting people and goods to and from space.
- He was also one of the first investors, CEO, and product designer for Tesla, Inc., a company that makes electric cars and clean energy.
- He started The Boring Company, a company that builds tunnels, and he also helped create OpenAI, a place where people study artificial intelligence.
- Musk was born in South Africa in 1971, and when he was 17, he moved to Canada.
- He went to the University of Pretoria, Queen’s University, and the University of Pennsylvania, where he got bachelor’s degrees in economics and physics.
- He started his first business, Zip2, with his brother in 1995. It was a company that made software for the internet and was later sold for almost $300 million.
- In 2004, he helped start Tesla, Inc., first called Tesla Motors, making electric cars and clean energy.
- Musk has proposed the Hyperloop, a high-speed vactrain transportation system, and the digging of a network of tunnels to ease traffic congestion.
- He has said that the goals of all of his companies are based on his dream of starting a human colony on Mars to help stop global warming and save humanity from extinction.
- Musk is known for his big goals and bold statements. His style of leading has been both praised and criticized. Even so, he has reached several important goals with his businesses.